Under the supervision of the Director of Corporate, Foundation, & Government Grants, the Associate Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations is responsible for supporting the growth of resources for Goucher College from philanthropic Foundations and Corporations by researching, identifying, securing, developing, stewarding and reporting on competitive funding opportunities. The support will focus on Goucher's strategic emphasis in three key areas: social justice, global education and innovation. The Associate Director will also be responsible for drafting and editing proposals and reports, and managing a small portfolio of corporations and foundations for the institution. In addition, the Associate Director is expected to establish and maintain positive relationships externally with foundation and corporate representatives as well as internally with faculty and staff, particularly within the Office of the Provost, the Career Education Office, and Office of Advancement to support the College's overall fundraising strategy.
Required: Bachelor's degree
Required: Four to six years of experience in grant writing, securing and stewarding funding from foundations focused on providing support for education, the arts, humanities, and the sciences.
Preferred: Familiarity with higher education and/or foundations beneficial.
- Provide research on local and national foundations detailing their philanthropic focus areas, and research on corporations with potential for partnership arrangements. Identify funding opportunities with foundations and corporations that align with Goucher's mission and priorities. Coordinate with faculty and offices across the College such as the Career Education Office as appropriate.
- Develop and manage a designated portfolio of corporations and foundations for the College. Assist with the development of grant proposals for foundation, corporate and government funding opportunities.
- Conduct outreach and engagement with foundations and corporations to develop relationships, promote potential partnerships and support for identified College priorities.
- Assist the Vice President for Advancement and the Director of Corporate, Foundation & Government Grants with the development and implementation of a strategic plan to secure funding from foundations, corporate funders and governmental agencies.
- Monitor grants and assist with required reports for institutional grants to ensure accurate and timely reporting of grant activity and finances.
- Collaborate with President's Office, Vice President for Advancement, Provost's Office and various departments to coordinate site visits by foundation, corporate and governmental staff as appropriate.
Goucher College is always on the lookout for top talent, resourceful, innovative, and dedicated individuals who will keep the College at the forefront of extraordinary education. As one of the nation's most progressive, innovative institutions of higher learning, we offer outstanding professional advantages, generous benefits, excellent perks, and a great work location!
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, US
Posted Date: 8/5/2022