Goucher College seeks a visionary leader to serve as Director of our new and innovative Master of Arts in Environmental Sustainability and Management that will be launched in 2023. Through coursework in environmental and earth sciences, economics, and management, this program uses an interdisciplinary approach centered on systems-level thinking to help students generate innovative and disruptive strategies to address pressing environmental threats and inequities while meeting the specific needs of stakeholders, organizations, ecosystems, and government agencies.
The Director will guide and oversee all aspects of this new master's degree, including its launch. Thus, this is a great opportunity for those interested in building a new academic initiative and for those who have an entrepreneurial and creative sense that intersects with the latest environmental trends in policy and/or science. Specifically, the Director will oversee the curriculum, advise students, teach four graduate and undergraduate courses per year (online and in-person), hire and supervise part-time faculty, manage the program's budget, improve program quality through curricular innovations, assist with marketing strategies, represent the program internally and externally, and help with student recruitment, admission, and progress. The Program Director is a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, with a 12-month contract with course releases for the administrative duties.
- A terminal degree in one of the core fields of the program (environmental studies, economics, management, business) or a related field. Candidates having a master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of professional experience in environmental management will be considered at the rank of Professor of Practice - a non-tenure-track, 3-year renewable position with an adjusted salary range.
- Minimum 3 years of higher education teaching experience using active learning techniques or a combination of higher education teaching experience and professional experience in environmental management
- Active research agenda
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience leading an academic program
- 6 years of online teaching experience using inclusive pedagogies
- 3 years of professional experience in environmental management
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum development at the graduate level
- Familiarity with environmental organizations in the mid-Atlantic region
Salary Range: $70,000 - $90,000
Goucher College is always on the lookout for top talent, resourceful, innovative, and dedicated individuals who will keep the College at the forefront of extraordinary education. As one of the nation's most progressive, innovative institutions of higher learning, we offer outstanding professional advantages, generous benefits, excellent perks, and a great work location!
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, US
Posted Date: 8/5/2022