The Residential Life Coordinator (RLC) serves as a live-in, primary administrator for multiple residence halls. Reporting directly to the Assistant Director of Residential Life, RLCs provide support, programming, information, advising, and referrals to the Goucher student population. The RLC will serve on the primary on call crisis response rotation.
Required: 1-2 years of residence life and/or other campus programming experience.
Competency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn and adapt to new software. Overall comfort in using technology.
Salary Range: $32, 926 - $38,737
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate a staff of 18+ resident assistants.
- Establish and maintain communication with students living in the residence halls through individual conversations, meetings, and messaging. Serve as a facilitator as needed to work towards resolution of interpersonal conflicts among students. Make referrals to campus and local resources for specialized assistance as necessary.
- Participate in residential life on call rotation and respond to emergency or crisis situations in an efficient and effective manner to ensure safety and well-being of residents.
- As needed, provide leadership and facilitate strategic or administrative functions within the office of Residential Life.
- Create strong relationships with students by being a visible and engaged member of the residential community. Serve as an available resources in the residence halls and campus by maintaining office hours, attending college sponsored events, performing regular walkthroughs of residential communities.
- Assist in various administrative functions of the office, such as the room draw process, seasonal closings, break housing, security and fire prevention and damage billing.
- Act as a liaison between Facilities Management Services to enhance and address concerns within the residential facilities. Other liaison partnerships include Student Administrative Services and Public Safety.
Goucher College is always on the lookout for top talent, resourceful, innovative, and dedicated individuals who will keep the College at the forefront of extraordinary education. As one of the nation's most progressive, innovative institutions of higher learning, we offer outstanding professional advantages, generous benefits, excellent perks, and a great work location!
Location: Towson, Maryland, US
Posted Date: 8/5/2022