MISSION: Ellis partners with families to provide high-quality early childhood education and out-of-school programs in a warm, nurturing environment. A recognized leader in our field, we support children across the socio-economic spectrum, treasure diversity in all forms, and celebrate the joy of childhood.
Ellis Early Learning is a vibrant, Boston-based nonprofit with a rich history founded in 1885. Ellis provides high-quality early education and care for infants, toddlers, and preschool children. Ellis is among the most socio-economically, racially, and culturally diverse organizations serving children in Boston. Through a partnership with Boston Public Schools, it operates two high-performing community-based K-1 classrooms. Ellis operates out of two historic buildings in the South End, and an additional site in Jamaica Plain. Learn more about us at www.ellisearlylearning.org.
The Development and Volunteer Assistant supports Ellis’s advancement program including direct mail, Constant Contact, social media, special events (virtual and in-person), grant writing, and donor acknowledgments. This role is critical to creating and maintaining accurate donor records through Salesforce. Additionally, this staff member works closely with volunteers including the Board of Directors, Board of Trustees, and corporate employee groups seeking to partner with Ellis.
- Manages donor database (Salesforce), including processing gifts, generating timely thank you letters, and pulling lists and reports. Ensures donor records are updated with the most current and accurate information. Maintains electronic copies of donor correspondence
- Provides support with development communications such as brochures, flyers, newsletters, and marketing/event materials
- Coordinates activities related to special events including annual events, donor cultivation events, and special receptions
- Manages social media platforms and content
- Assists in the development and implementation of stewardship strategies
- Attends Board meetings, prepares related agendas, takes meeting notes
- Coordinates all Board meetings, including setting up Zoom meetings for multiple Board and staff members, notifying members, and sending meeting materials in advance. (When it is possible, the job will involve coordinating space, and food, beverage, and conference call procedures).
- Drafts annual and monthly reports for the Board as directed by the CEO, provides an annual calendar of meetings and ensures all materials are distributed to Board members promptly
- Supports Committee Chairs with committee meeting agenda development and reminds board members of upcoming committee meetings
- Provides information and support to Board members as directed
Volunteer Program Support
- Coordinates volunteer opportunities between the agency’s corporate and individual volunteer partners and program directors
- Provides orientation to agency volunteers
- Excellent writing and editing skills, required
- Salesforce, Canva, and/or Hootsuite experience, strongly preferred
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite, experience working with Constant Contact and Wix a plus
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (in person, by phone, and in writing)
- Superior attention to detail, consistency, accuracy, and follow-through
- Proven project management skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Comfortable learning different types of tech quickly
- Enjoys working with children.
- Flexibility, ability to respond to program changes quickly such as program support.
- Need an “All hands on deck” attitude, pitching in to help with work outside of your daily tasks
- A Bachelor’s degree and two+ years of experience in fundraising preferred
Ellis is a COVID-symptom-free workplace. Employees are required to attest to their health before entering work each day. All employees are required to maintain strict compliance with public health directives such as weekly PCR testing, wearing masks, frequent handwashing, and social distancing while at work.
Learn more about us at www.ellisearlylearning.org.
Competitive salary and benefits package including vacation and sick time, birthday holiday, health insurance, dental insurance, and 401k with employer match.
The purpose of this description is to provide the major responsibilities of the position. It is not to be considered a complete statement of all elements of the work that may be performed.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 6/23/2022
Ellis Early Learning