John Paul Mitchell Systems (JPMS) is engaged principally in the business of developing and marketing hair and skin care products. For over 40 years, we've been serving the professional beauty industry with salon-quality hair care products and styling tools through our family of brands including Paul Mitchell®, MITCH®, Awapuhi Wild Ginger®, Tea Tree, Paul Mitchell® Pro Tools™, Neuro® and MVRCK™. We were the first professional hair care company to take a stand against animal testing and continue our strong commitment to giving back, supporting a wide range of philanthropic causes both domestically and internationally.
The Social Media Manager will be a key member of the JPMS™ Social Media Team. The functions of this role will focus on monitoring, executing, filtering and measuring the social media presence of our products, brands and corporation. Key responsibilities include:
- Conceptualize social strategy in collaboration with Sr. Social Media Manager.
- Take ownership of content calendar. Analyze data to make educated decisions when sourcing content.
- Plan and implement social media strategies to support new product launches, company values, events, influencer campaigns and giveaways.
- Create digestible, fast visual content with Smartphone camera to bring brands to life (including short-form videos, Reels, Stories, behind-the-scenes, etc.); proficient with apps and filters to quickly edit content.
- Execute JPMS™ brand voice daily and distinguish the different brand voices for each account. Ability to shift voices depending on the account.
- Post on social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Tiktok), getting approval on captions and UGC usage from the Sr. Social Media Manager & Director of Digital Marketing.
- Create engaging copy that spreads JPMS™ brand awareness and its culture; masterful at turning educational or product information topics into social media infotainment content.
- Work cross-functionally with brand marketing, media, influencer, digital departments to support campaigns and product launches.
- Monitor brand social media mentions for opportunities to amplify community and strengthen brand affiliation and engagement.
- Be present on set during shoots that involve social and digital. Have an eye for content and capture behind-the-scenes footage that can be shared on social.
- Support influencer marketing team by sourcing influencers for content creation (evergreen and campaign focused).
- Assist in community management (responding to DMs, commenting on tagged posts).
- 4+ years of experience managing social media platforms for brands & writing social captions optimized for community engagement. A strong command of social media writing in the beauty or fashion industries a plus.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to juggle priorities; a team player who maintains composure in high pressure, fast-paced situations.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest best practices, tools, and trends on social media platforms. Possesses a good understanding of trending topics, viral hashtags and emerging digital technologies.
- A natural, authentic story-telling communicator with a genuine love for social media.
- Skilled at creating successful content for Instagram Stories, producing Instagram Lives, and YouTube. Knowledgeable with video production an advantage.
- Experience capturing social media content at events; comfortable with opportunities for light travel.
- Attentive to detail and at ease with tight deadlines and multi-tasking.
- Experience in Influencer Relations and/or Community Management experience preferred, with a track record of building and activating micro- and mid-level influencers to support brand goals.
Competencies / Skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills in a team environment
- Strong time management skills
- Weekend hours required.
- Ability to work remotely.
JPMS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive and belonging environment for all employees.
Location: Century City, California, US
Posted Date: 1/12/2022
John Paul Mitchell Systems