Perch Energy is a whole new kind of energy company that makes it easy for businesses and consumers to access clean energy and reduce their carbon footprint. Like our parent company, BlueWave Solar, we believe business can be a force for good: We're on a mission to make clean energy options more accessible, more affordable and more equitable for all.
We have an opening for an Accounting and Finance Intern reporting to the VP of Finance. As an Accounting and Finance Intern, your responsibilities will include assisting the Team with various ad hoc projects associated with the Corporate spinouts as well as other Financial reporting and analysis and accounting processes. We're seeking someone who is eager to learn, who enjoys handling the wide range of tasks and the fast pace of an emerging growth, entrepreneurial company.
What does it mean to be a Percher?
It means you want a day job that makes a difference—and you're all in on building extraordinary products that get us there. It means you think big. Act fast. Assume value. And it means you can count on us to look out for you while you do it—in a place you can find your tribe.
Looking out for you means looking out for the whole person you are—from health and financial wellbeing to awesome benefits for work-life balance. Benefits can include:
- Medical, dental & vision—stay healthy and perceptive
- Stock options & 401K— prepare for the future
- Life insurance, short and long-term disability—plan for the unexpected
- Health savings account (HSA) match—get pre-tax saving coverage
- Unlimited paid time off—take time to fuel up
- Remote working—collaborate from anywhere
- Summer Friday half-days —soak up the sun
- Support your favorite charities—look forward to giving back
- Learning and development—find courses that help you rise
- Paid volunteer time—look forward to giving back
- Commuter plan—put pre-tax dollars towards commuting
- Monthly mobile phone allowance—stay connected with Perchers
- Recording various journal entries for the monthly close
- Build out new Switch Specific processes
- Implement new tools
- Budget and financial analysis
- Management reporting Compiling certain monthly reconciliations including cash, credit card, and accounts payable
- Importing bank activity into the accounting system
- Generating checks for vendor payment
- Logging check activity for receipt of customer funds
- Client invoice generation and support
- Assisting in the validation of proper record keeping at each respective company subsidiary
- Ad-hoc accounting and financial planning/reporting projects
- Analyzing period vs period and actual vs budget variances including vendors crossing accounts or departments
- Assisting with company audit and tax work including helping to compile supporting schedules
- Participating in the coordination, creation and streamlining of processes, identify and recommend improvements where applicable
- All other duties as assigned
- Provide backup for teamwide responsibilities
- Candidate for a B.S. in accounting or finance
- Familiarity with an accounting system a plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and deadlines
Perch is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company. Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, US
Posted Date: 10/6/2021