To prepare the candidate for independent financial counseling work after the internship, activities may include the following:
• Receiving training on firm systems and software and becoming acquainted with common workflows.
• Shadowing supervisor in daily activities.
• Researching financial topics and creating educational materials.
• Completing financial counseling sessions (supervised by an AFC ®).
Candidates that complete their internship with us will be eligible for an employee position in our firm as a financial counselor. Once hired as a financial counselor, there are opportunities for advancement into other areas in the firm.
• Be a highly-effective communicator – both verbally and non-verbally – and possess good writing skills.
Conscious Impact Financial Planning is bound by the regulations of the Texas State Securities Board. As such, all candidates must pass a background check and comply with all monitoring and documentation requirements set forth in our compliance manual.