Walbridge offers a Summer Design and Construction Internship program designed to provide meaningful hands-on work experience and exposure to industry leaders across the organization. Our program has been named by Vault as a top Intern Program for Engineers.
Our goal is to provide professional experience for talented architectural and engineering students with the goal of starting a full-time career upon graduation.
Our internships are competitive, paid positions throughout the typical summer months. Part-time opportunities may also be available throughout the school year for those who qualify.
The design opportunities are offered through Walbridge's Architecture and Engineering firm - Carlson Design Group.
- Assist Architects and Engineers in design activities, preparation of presentation drawings and construction documents.
- Research products and systems to be used in design.
- Arrange meetings with manufacturer's representatives to assist in the development of designs
- Enrolled in a design or construction-related degree program (Architecture, Engineering - EE, ME, CE program) at an accredited college/university; prior construction experience or military service a plus.
- Knowledge of technology, computers and software, including standard MS Office applications
- Working knowledge of software such as Revit, Sketch Up and Enscape is a plus
Competencies of successful interns:
- Demonstrating Initiative. Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; does more than is expected or asked.
- Delivering High Quality Work. Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice.
- Working Safely. Understands and embraces the Walbridge safety culture, policies and regulations; scans the environment for things that may pose a safety risk; encourages others to utilize safe and healthy work practices.
- Shows enthusiasm toward being a member of the group; actively participates in team meetings and activities; leverages the skills and interests of coworkers to achieve goals and solve problems; supports team decisions.
- Continuous Improvement. Thinks creatively and identifies issues/solutions to improve existing processes; engages with others to solve problems, develop new ideas and process improvements; learns from, and shares insights from past experience.
- Demonstrating Tenacity and Perseverance. Maintains high levels of energy and enthusiasm over an extended amount of time; does not give up when faced with challenging obstacles; completes what he/she starts; sees projects through to the end.
- Following Policies and Procedures. Understands and follows company policies; encourages others to follow work rules; calls attention to actions that may violate policies and procedures.
- Learning Quickly. Quickly comprehends new problems and situations; needs very little time to learn and master new processes or tools; able to figure things out as he/she goes along.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer with a culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia, US
Posted Date: 4/1/2021
How To Apply