Online Product Catalog (60%)
Work directly with Market Managers in Consumer, Crop and Animal Health and Marketing Communications Specialist in Professional Services to audit all products and ensure the most up-to-date product information on MGK.com
- Confirm proper and most recent documentation (labels, tech bulletin, organic listings)
- Help craft new product descriptions for all products, focused on end-user benefits
- Work with external photographer to get updated photography for all products
- Create new products as needed to support Animal Health sector
YouTube and Video Management (25%)
Manage YouTube videos and create better user experience and content to continue driving traffic to MGK.com
- Audit of existing videos, eliminate duplicates and archive as needed
- Update content and descriptions to take advantage of SEO and search value on platform
- Build a user-friendly landing page experience
- Identify additional video needs for future creation
Content Creation & Proofreading/Editing (15%)
Support the creation of search engine-friendly content and proofread content as needed for MGK.com and other online channels
- Support increased content creation on MGK.com by proofreading and publishing approved posts
- Help build momentum on social channels, like Facebook and LinkedIn, through organic and paid strategies
- Work with consumer market manager and to create follower campaigns on Facebook
- Identify B2B strategies to support lead generation tactics on LinkedIn
Expected Skills & Behaviors
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree for Marketing or Mass Communications
- Proficient writing and presentation skills
- Collaborator, willing to run 1:1 meetings as needed
- Ability to work on projects with minimal supervision
- Organized, capable of providing proactive updates to manager
- Interest in creating promotional product content and online user experience
- Working knowledge of video and social media for a brand
- Experience in online content management systems (WordPress) desired
- Professional manner and positive outlook
Instruction or assistance that will be provided
- Regular one-on-one meetings to review current projects with manager
- Clear direction and expectations given on projects while still allowing the intern to learn to problem solve, improve upon what is requested, and take initiative.
- Opportunities to present key findings on projects to various team members with one final end of summer presentation covering at least one of the larger long-term projects worked on.
- Education on key marketing tools used to perform functions; ie WordPress
- Real world perspective of what a typical marketing position could be like for them in the future
- Guidance upon completion on how to update resume and LinkedIn to showcase summer intern projects and learnings
- Goal from manager will be to give them real world experience working on long- and short-term projects. And to support them in managing time and multiple projects at a time while creating a space to allow them to succeed.
At the end of the summer, the intern will be expected to present their work on the Online Product Catalog project, including:
- Overview of key MGK objectives for the project
- Explanation of tactics and process
- Visual introduction of the catalog
- Final outcome of project
- Personal and professional growth obtained from both the project and internship
- Intern intends to gain experience in a marketing department by helping in various marketing projects that will broaden their understanding with real life experience of various digital marketing initiatives; content marketing, video marketing, online product catalogs, writing specific to digital platforms.
- MGK intends to gain support on projects that need extra support due to size or lack of complexity. MGK also potentially gains a future pool of employees. These internships also provide current MGK employees to learn new skills in developing others and offering mentorship to those at the beginning of their career.
Evaluation and Agreement
- A learning contract would be created the first week of intern employment to develop key learning objectives for the summer and to review the completion of those objectives in August.
Location: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, US
Posted Date: 3/30/2021
McLaughlin Gormley King