Req No. 2020-6709
We are seeking a talented Sales Intern to help support the SVP of Sales Operations with revenue based selling of the full suite of organizational products and solutions for net new sales, existing sales and renewals. The intern will also provide ongoing support to internal partners and teams who service existing CO-OP clients and renewals including Client Business Representatives (CBR).
This internship is offered as part of our Winter Internship Program. The program starts November 30th-end of February 2021. This will most likely be a remote intern opportunity.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Become an expert in of all CO-OP products and technology solutions as well as infrastructure including but not limited to ATM/Debit Processing, Fraud and Analytic tools, Shared Branching, Call Center Support, Digital, Credit Processing and add on services.
- Assist the new business managers with prospecting.
- Gather and maintain competitive intelligence, and use this knowledge to educate both clients and co-workers on where CO-OP products fit into the competitive spectrum.
- Evaluate and understand market changes and significant events and report to CO-OP Financial Services management.
- Conduct periodic presentations and/or trainings as needed or required both internally and externally.
- Participate in various meetings, conferences, and presentations as assigned and provide support when requested for preparation, review and/or delivery of formal presentations.
- Learn to navigate the competitive landscape and to understand and articulate the CO-OP value proposition.
- Provide market Intel and feedback to the membership, product and marketing teams and business partners regarding evolving client needs and product direction/strategy.
- Must proactively take ownership and execute essential tasks in support of the Sales Team as well as be responsive and supportive of change.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 12 completed semester hours at college or university.
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA.
- Previous sales internship and/or related work experience preferred.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Must exhibit independent critical thinking skills and possess the ability to proactively anticipate and problem solve.
- Must demonstrate strong verbal reasoning skills and possess excellent communication abilities - both written and verbal.
- Must be a successful individual contributor as well as an effective team member.
- Strong time management skills.
- Some local travel may be involved.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- The opportunity to join a nationwide, fast-growing organization.
- Gain real world experience working on projects alongside full-time employees as well as other interns.
- Learn about the financial technology industry and how your work will impact credit union members across the country.
- Connect with other interns through learning opportunities and other fun events.
- Explore your interests and potential career path with job shadow options.
- Gain skills and experience that will make you a highly marketable candidate in the future.
- Regular touchpoints with internship coordinators to discuss progress, goals, and future career.
Location: Des Moines, Iowa, US
Posted Date: 2/10/2021
CO-OP Financial Services