Education: Enrolled in Master’s program - Instructional Design (or similar)
Start Date: Ideally immediately
Hours: Average of 20 hours per week, flexible schedule (some core hours, scheduled training events)
Location: Remote position, work from home with virtual individual and team meetings.
Benefits: 401a account 10% employer contribution
Final Filing: January 15, 2021; interviews scheduled for qualified candidates as resumes received
Job Description: Regional Government Services (RGS) is a public agency that provides services and consultations to local government throughout California. The Training & Development team (T&D) is seeking an intern to assist with virtual instructor-led web-based trainings including webinars and academies.
The selected intern will be tasked with training-related projects ranging from instructional design, content development, and building the infrastructure to support virtual academies. The intern will work with a team of experienced trainers under the supervision of the T&D Program Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to get immediately involved in a high-profile initiative that will have a huge impact on the T&D service line.
Interns may also be assigned work on other T&D projects outside of the T &D service line.
Regional Government Services is a completely virtual and distributed workforce. There is no physical headquarters. RGS staff work from home offices and/or client agency offices. We stay connected through regular web-based meetings, email, text, and phone calls. RGS provides Bring Your Own Device and Cell/Internet stipends for all employees.
Schedules are highly flexible at RGS. It is ideal for an intern that needs to balance work and school time, as well as handle fluctuations in their school schedule. Assignments and work can be done any time during the day, and on weekends if necessary. However, most meetings will occur during standard work hours (9:00am – 5:00pm). The selected intern must be available to host some scheduled training events and meetings. Otherwise, the interns just need to stay in communication with their supervisor and staff about specific scheduling needs.
RGS provides compensation for computer and internet based on work hours. Interns must have a computer or laptop that has the full Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint; this can usually be accessed through your university). Interns are required to download web-based meeting software onto their own computer to attend web-based meetings. Interns must also have webcam and microphone capability on laptop or computer.
To apply for this opportunity, candidates must submit their resume to email@example.com by January 15, 2021. Candidates must submit a resume/CV. Supplemental material including a cover letter or work portfolio is also encouraged. Interviews will be scheduled for qualified candidates as resumes are received.
Regional Government Services Authority (RGS) was formed in 2001, by a city and a regional planning and services agency to help local governments meet three challenges: decreasing revenues, increasing demands (and costs) for services, and loss of experienced staff. Local government leaders knew that these challenges were likely to continue, so agencies would have to work together – uniting not only their voices but their resources to advocate and become more efficient. The idea behind the creation of RGS was to form an agency which would help local governments share expertise and improve efficiencies. A need was emerging for some way to help agencies get the expertise and experience needed, without each agency having to hire full-time staff when the need might be less than full-time. Agencies could, in effect, share expertise through a third-party.
Candidates must be/have:
• Enrolled as a graduating Senior or a Master’s program in Instructional Design, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Education (training-related) or other related field;
• Enrolled in at least 6 credit hours of graduate coursework;
• A motivated, independent worker with strong time management skills;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
• Familiarity with a variety of software (experience using preferred), and tech-savvy with a penchant for self-learning new tools;
• Strong skills in PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
• Experience with video web-conferencing tools (Adobe Connect-- preferred, Google Meet, Zoom, etc.)
• Experience developing or hosting in virtual training or webinars;
• Experience with video/graphic editing tools (Camtasia-- preferred, Canva, YouTube, Photoshop, Illustrator) to create screencast recordings or short informational videos;
• Experience working in a remote environment;
• Knowledge of document control systems including VPN and Dropbox;
• Demonstrated ability in creating surveys and evaluations to measure performance and inform customer success;
• Creative and artistic personality to think outside of the box to create engaging content and training experiences.