We are now accepting applications for Graphic Design Intern for our Summer 2020 session.
Rust-Oleum's Creative Services, part of Integrated Communications, is an in-house creative team that provides communication solutions for multiple business groups within Rust-Oleum Corporation. We support our customers in a variety of ways but our core competencies consist of the following:
• Graphic Design: Packaging, brochures, event banners & signs, logos, advertisement, sell sheets, direct mail and POP.
• Production: Making text edits and layout revisions. Printing signage using large format printers, manually creating mock-ups and mounting & trimming event signage.
• Photography: Shooting products and beauty images for marketing materials and sales presentations.
• Digital Asset Management
Creative Services Intern Expectations
The intern is part of the Creative Services team and will contribute immediately by working side-by-side with our designers to make edits and revisions on live projects. This internship also involves learning the various stages of the design process by taking on the art director's role on a special self-promotional project assigned by the senior manager of creative services. You will also be matched with a design mentor, a senior level graphic design professional to help guide you throughout our internship program.
• Knowledge of Creative Process: Exposure to each part of the process from concept to completion.
• Project Management: Exposure to basic project management techniques using a project management tool.
• Digital Asset Management: Exposure to digital asset methodology, file naming conventions and server structure.
• Time Management: Understand the importance of time management, documentation and how this influences resources.
• Integrated Communications: Exposure to the different ways we communicate our products: TV advertising, social media, public relations, how we merchandise products in the store.
• Printing: Exposure to the printing process and how to set up files correctly for production.
• Photography: Exposure to photography, lighting techniques, image processing.
• Video: Assist on a video shoot and learn about post-production techniques.
• Create portfolio pieces throughout the program that showcases your work.
• Meet and greet with a member from Integrated Communications and Marketing. Come prepared with questions to ask and pull together a summary of learnings.
• Assist on at least 1 photo shoot and complete one image processing assignment.
• Assist on at least 1 video shoot and complete one post production assignment.
• Complete a task that involves documenting time and applying it to billing and performance.
• Complete one major project as assigned by Senior Manager of Creative Services. This project will develop the intern's design skills and self-promotional awareness.
• Update resume and portfolio with internship experience.
• Prepare final presentation of completed projects, key takeaways and how to improve the program.
Contact Us: email@example.com
• Ideal majors include Fine Arts, Advertising, Graphic Design, Communications.
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• Able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
How To Apply
11 Hawthorn Parkway
Vernon Hills, IL, United States 60061