Corporate Tax Intern
Job ID: 2019-1666
Type: Intern (Full Time)
# of Openings: 1
Revantage Corporate Services
The Corporate Tax Intern is responsible for providing responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of federal, state and local tax returns for Blackstone’s real estate funds’ investments. This position is based out of Revantage’s headquarters in Chicago, IL.
Revantage Corporate Services was created in August 2017 to provide corporate services consisting of HR, Finance, Tax, Legal, Risk Management and Technology to real estate portfolio companies owned by Blackstone funds, in various sectors including multifamily (LivCor), commercial office (Equity Office), retail (ShopCore), hotel (BRE Hotels & Resorts), and industrial (Link). As Revantage expands, it could provide services to additional Blackstone companies.
Our 2020 summer internship program will begin June 2020 and last through August 2020. To be eligible, you must be a college student during the time of the internship program.
- Assists in preparing federal, state and local tax returns for Blackstone owned partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations on a timely basis.
- Researches, resolves and responds to state and federal regulatory agencies’ notices.
- Assists in obtaining FEINs and preparing W-9s as needed.
- Assist in gathering management and accounting information. Obtains any necessary clarification, requests additional information and communicates with various departments concerning any problems that arise.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current junior undergraduate student at an accredited four-year institution (graduating 2021) pursuing a degree in Finance or Accounting or current graduate students between their fourth and fifth years in an MST/MPA/MBA in Accounting program (graduating in 2021)
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Excellent customer service, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Ability to work in Chicago in a full-time capacity for 10 weeks, beginning in June of 2020
- Experience with spreadsheets, tax preparation software, and FAS2000
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs without regard to race, color, marital status, familial status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Chicago, Illinois, US
Posted Date: 11/26/2019
Click Here to Apply
Revantage Corporate Services