The Community Food Bank of New Jersey (CFBNJ) is the state’s largest food bank. We provide food for 15 out of 21 New Jersey counties. Distributing over 85 million meals last year, maintaining pandemic service levels. Our mission is to fight hunger and poverty in New Jersey by assisting those in need and seeking long term solutions. Hunger exists in every community from the poorest to the most affluent.
The Community Food Bank of New Jersey is seeking a Corporate Volunteer Manager to handle managing all aspects of the multifaceted relationship that corporations have with CFBNJ. This includes responding to inquiries from new corporate prospects, setting up donation levels for each corporate partner, planning meaningful volunteer events for corporate partners (particularly Impact Partners), and providing status reports for corporate donors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assist in developing mutually beneficial and revenue-generating partnerships with companies by linking the mission of CFBNJ with companies’ corporate social responsibility goals.
· Interfaces with prospective and existing corporate partners that seek to plan volunteer events at CFBNJ, including financial donors and significant food donors.
· Expands outreach to new corporations and extends existing corporate partnerships. Special reach to intern programs and employee resource groups.
· Represents CFBNJ at external events hosted by corporate partners to provide effective stewardship or to secure new relationships. This is often done by attending Corporate Volunteer Fairs or grantee receptions during the year.
· Develops revenue budget for corporate volunteers, in conjunction with Resource Development revenue goals. This includes forecasting revenue from impact partners and new volunteer groups in the pipeline to become impact partners.
· Seeks new corporate grant opportunities and writes grants associated with existing and prospective corporate partners, including proposals that support volunteer outreach.
· Assists corporate groups with scheduling volunteer shifts via Salesforce or online sign-up.
· Oversees volunteer check-ins and assists in placing corporate groups daily.
· Maintains data integrity by keeping corporate volunteer hours updated in Salesforce.
· Provides orientation session to all corporate volunteer groups.
· Assists in the development of an annual Volunteer Appreciation event.
· Work with events team to promote events to corporate partners and participates in all events in a volunteer/host capacity.
· Maintains a positive work attitude by acting and communicating in a manner conducive to good interpersonal relations (e.g., helpful, courteous, pleasant) with customers, all public, co-workers and managers, in accordance with the spirit of CFBNJ’s mission.
· Serves as a CFBNJ representative at corporate speaking engagements.
· Expected to work in the Hillside distribution center Monday through Friday, periodic Saturdays (8:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.) and Tuesday evenings until 8:00 p.m. at CFBNJ to greet and direct volunteers.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Excellent communication, public speaking, presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills. Grant-writing experience a plus.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft 365 programs, as well as database experience; strong research skills
· Proficient problem-solving and organizational skills and attention to detail
· Knowledge of the New Jersey – Metro NY business community
· Commitment to working in a team-based collaborative environment.
· Experience in the not-for-profit sector preferred.
· Willing to work periodic Saturdays and evenings.
· Bachelor’s degree
Location: Hillside, New Jersey, US
Posted Date: 9/9/2023
Community Food Bank Of Nj