Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a STEM College Experience (SCE) Program Specialist (PT) position. The STEM College Experience (SCE) Program Specialist is responsible for the marketing and coordination of activities and processes related to the College's STEM College Experience Program (SCE) - an extension of the College's long-standing Summer ACE (Advanced College Experience) program - which includes a 5-week STEM camp and Academic Year STEM exposure experiences for middle school students. This position serves as the point of contact for program participants and their families, while coordinating processes related to camp and event registration. This position oversees the camp programming, event scheduling and summer camp staff.
This is a part-time position based at the College's Northeast Regional campus. Work hours will not to exceed 30 hours per week.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning required.
• Demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience required.
• Minimum of one (1) year of successful program administration experience, to include event planning and logistics coordination required.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and to build collaborative relationships with others required.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines required.
• Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail required.
• Ability to travel within the local area required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for diverse academic environments, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Previous teaching or camp administration experience of middle school age students preferred.
• Experience with STEM programs preferred.
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US
Posted Date: 10/5/2019
Click Here to Apply
Community College of Philadelphia