Texas State University
VP, Global Education & Online
San Marcos, TX, United States
San Marcos, TX
*Texas State University
VP, Global Education & Online*
*Job Number:* 2023396
*Location:* San Marcos
*Department:* VP for University Administration
*Recruitment Type:* Open to All
*Job Type:* Full Time
*Monthly Salary:* Commensurate with experience
*Job Category: * Exempt
* Master’s degree
* At least five years of upper administrative experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
* Demonstrated success in significantly scaling online education or achieving growth in international student enrollment or in implementing comprehensive internationalization
* Experience working with online program service providers, such as but not limited to Online Program Management providers, or to the international education governmental and provider networks
* Doctoral degree
* Successful record of significant and progressively increasing academic leadership including extensive experience managing people, projects, budgets, and facilities
* A proven record of leading faculty and staff through times of change, honoring adherence to shared governance and a respect for multiple viewpoints
* Commitment to an inclusive and team-based approach to management
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities
* Experience developing productive relationships with community, government, and/or organizational groups
TXST seeks an entrepreneurial, collaborative, and strategic leader to serve as the inaugural Vice President for Global Education (VPGEO). With strong support from President Damphousse and Provost Bourgeois, and in partnership with the deans and other senior university leaders, the inaugural vice president will provide university-wide direction, leadership, coordination, and administrative oversight across all TXST global education and online endeavors. Qualified candidates for the VPGEO should be strategic and innovative thinkers who have successfully managed and led organizational and operational change within an institution. The new leader reports directly to the university president and will serve as an advisor, member of the president's cabinet, and manage the Global Education and Online team.
The VPGEO will join the university at a time of great momentum and change. In January 2023, TXST released [Hopes & Aspirations High](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=3969466&targetURL=https://www.president.txst.edu/), our vision for the future of Texas State University. Two pillars define our Hopes & Aspirations High: elevating student success and achieving R1 status. Several goals support these pillars such as expanding recruitment efforts and increasing enrollment. A central component of the plan is to develop and implement a global affairs and online strategy. Given these two related university priorities, TXST has brought together the Office of International Affairs and the Office of Distance Education and Learning to form the Division of Global Education and Online.
*Office of International Affairs* [The Office of International Affairs](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=3969466&targetURL=https://www.txst.edu/internationalminds/internationalengagement/International-Agreements-and-MOUs.html) (OIA) centralizes institutional international education efforts and supports our campus community by providing resources and expertise in international engagement and global learning. The office leads international student recruitment, international agreements, sponsored student programs, the Fulbright program, international research, international joint degree programs and strategic internationalization priorities. In addition, OIA oversees two functional areas that advances our campus internationalization efforts by creating support systems for global engagement, faculty and student support, and compliance processes and reporting.
[The International Student and Scholar Services](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=3969466&targetURL=https://www.international.txst.edu/departments/J1-Visa-Status-.html) (ISSS) advances internationalization at TXST by offering intentional, holistic, and inclusive immigration and integration services for international students, faculty, and staff. The vision for the future of international student enrollment is bright and exciting at TXST. Our international student body continues to grow and so is our International Students and Scholar Services team. [Education Abroad](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=3969466&targetURL=https://www.educationabroad.txst.edu/About/staff0.html) (EA) supports comprehensive internationalization by providing safe, accessible, academically dynamic, geographically diverse, and culturally enriching global educational experiences to our students. EA has been awarded the [Generation Study Abroad](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=3969466&targetURL=https://www.iie.org/news/2014-03-03-generation-study-abroad/) Seal of Excellence by the [Institute of International Education](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=3969466&targetURL=https://www.iie.org/news/2014-03-03-generation-study-abroad/).
*Office of Distance Education and Learning* [The Office of Distance and Extended Learning (ODEL)](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=3969466&targetURL=https://www.distancelearning.txst.edu/) at TXST is devoted to the exploration, incubation, and advancement of innovative teaching and learning approaches. Through online learning, extended learning services, and continuing and professional education, the team engages faculty, academic departments, and external stakeholders to support student success by leveraging faculty professional development, teaching technologies, high quality instructional design, creative services, and special logistics. In addition, our team provides consulting, quality assurance, and compliance reporting to enable successful growth in online learning, domestic study-travel programming, micro-credentials, marketable skills development, competency-based instruction, and programming for professional growth.
ODEL and online learning at TXST have been recognized in the top 25 by [Newsweek's ratings of America's Top Online Colleges](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=3969466&targetURL=https://www.newsweek.com/rankings/americas-top-online-colleges-2023) for 2022 and 2023, as a [US News Best Online School in 2023](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=3969466&targetURL=https://www.usnews.com/education/online-education/texas-state-university-228459) at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and by the [Online Learning Consortium (OLC)](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=3969466&targetURL=https://onlinelearningconsortium.org/about/2018-olc-effective-practice-award-winners-2/) and [Texas Distance Learning Association](https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=3969466&targetURL=http://www.txdla.org/services/awards/excellenceinnovationindigitallearning/) for excellence in student support and best practices in online education.
The new vice president is expected to:
* Champion the university’s response to evolving workforce and economic development needs, attracting new adult working learners, and supporting the university’s commitment to lifelong learning access with growth in new programs, stackable certificates and credentials, and accessible digital learning needs of degree and non-degree-seeking individuals.
* Provide visionary, strategic leadership to position the university as a leader in global education and shape the university’s comprehensive internationalization strategy.
* Evaluate existing programs and identify new opportunities for expanding internationalization and online education at TXST.
* Lead an analysis of TXST’s existing strengths, infrastructure, and resources as compared with market demand for global affairs and online initiatives.
* Assess and refine/expand TXST’s global organizational structure, operating plans, processes, and marketing and recruitment strategies.
* Leverage the Office of Distance and Extended Learning to create innovative, learner-centric digital platform solutions, with the goal of establishing a new School of Professional Studies with degrees and certifications offered online or in classrooms officially housed and located primarily at the Round Rock Campus.
* Drive the development and implementation of a strategic plan to substantially grow international student and online enrollment and revenue.
* Guide a growing portfolio of online programs, their delivery, the infrastructure and processes to support their success, and their financial foundations.
* Foster global engagement including enhancing incoming and outgoing student and faculty mobility, promoting international research and partnerships, and expanding access to international experiences for the TXST community.
* Lead efforts to improve the international and online student experience and support student success initiatives.
* Enhance TXST’s national and international reputation as a preeminent teaching and research university.
* Develop and manage budgets, approve purchases, make personnel decisions, and complete performance analyses.
* Work with academic deans and department chairs to hire online faculty members and develop online course rotations and schedules.
* Implement best practices for online program delivery and global engagement.
* Ensure compliance with system, state, and federal requirements and laws in online education and global affairs, and with SACSCOC and program-specific accreditation standards.
*Professional Qualifications and Personal Qualities* In its inaugural Vice President for Global Education and Online, TXST seeks a visionary, experienced, entrepreneurial, and strategic leader to grow TXST’s international and online student enrollment. The successful candidate should have the following qualifications across three broad areas:
Vision and Expertise
* A vision for the future of global and online education to advance TXST’s mission and values.
* A demonstrated ability to develop, execute, and successfully complete a bold and creative strategic plan that breeds innovation, challenges the status quo, and promotes new learning approaches and solutions to meet the evolving needs of the global workforce.
* Deep familiarity with the competitive landscape for online education, including higher education institutions and other providers.
* A strong understanding of international and online student, faculty and staff needs (e.g., programs, support services, and resources) in an institution of higher education, and experience attracting resources to ensure student access and success.
Business Development and Operational Management
* Experience identifying new target segments, opening new markets, developing new partnerships, and promoting global education and online programs.
* Developing and implementing plans and priorities that expand enrollment access through global and/or online education.
* Success managing a complex organization in global affairs or online education.
* A keen eye for operational efficiency and optimal use of resources, including the ability to plan, monitor, and manage a budget.
Collaborative and Inclusive Leadership
* Experience forging successful university-industry collaborations to support global and/or online education.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a global community.
* A passion for the mission and aspirations of TXST; the ability to successfully articulate that mission and generate excitement among internal and external leaders/constituents.
* The professional credibility and accomplishment required to effectively engage and leverage the president, university leadership, academic deans, faculty, and other constituents in the cultivation of strategic partnerships with the public and private sector entities and the community.
*Additional Information to Applicants:*
For additional information, please visit the [VP for Global Education and Online](https://inclusion.txst.edu/faculty-and-staff/talent-acquisition-and-inclusion/featured-jobs/vpgeo-profile) executive profile.
Applicants must specifically address how they meet the required and preferred qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
All applications, nominations and inquiries are invited. Nominations and inquiries can be directed to Lisa Lloyd, Ph.D. at email@example.com or 512-245-2787.
*Job Open Date: * 03/01/2023
*Job Close Date:*
*Open Until Filled: * Yes
*Normal Work Days: * Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
*Normal Work Hours Start:* 8:00AM
*Normal Work Hours End: * 5:00PM
You will be required to electronically attach a resume, cover letter, recommendation letter(s), and list of references to your application.
*Legal and Required Notices:*
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including, but not limited to, criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit [https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/41937](https://apptrkr.com/3969466) or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
*About Texas State and San Marcos:*
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
*Why work @ Texas State? *
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great professional development opportunities: choose from a variety of workshops, training, online learning and even access educational leave opportunities and reimbursement for academic courses
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
[Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency](https://www.jobelephant.com/)
Location: San Marcos, TX, US
Posted Date: 3/16/2023
Texas State University