Norwalk, CT, United States
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The IT Helpdesk Intern will be an active participant in the collection, organization and dissemination of infrastructure and corporate system information to satisfy both internal and external reporting requirements. This individual will be an integral part of the IT services team in the areas of system maintenance, including but not limited to, AD audits, password automation, account creation, desktop management (break fix, imaging, and deployment) and help desk resolutions. Individual will assigned daily tasks to complete through the helpdesk system.
This internship will take place from the end of August through December, 2019.
- Analyzes and triages incoming IT requests to quickly identify technical problems and probable resolution. Ensures that HEI associates and users of information technology resources experience minimum impact on their daily activities from technical problems.
- Provides first level contact, resolves issues and conveys resolutions to users.
- Provides end-user support on IT-related issues by diagnosing, analyzing, and quickly resolving or escalating (if resolution requires hands-on interaction, different skill set experience or an excessive amount of time) and/or dispatching assistance as needed, meeting SLAs for first-call resolution on incidents and service requests. Escalates unresolved items to manager in a timely fashion.
- Provides Helpdesk services as assigned by the Director of IT Support Services; complies with all established policies and procedures.
- Approaches all situations with hotel managers and employees, vendors, corporate office and ownership in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Performs any other job related duties as assigned.
- Preferred majors in the field of Information Technology, Project Management or Business Administration.
- Previous IT experience preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer hardware, software, and networking principles.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Action-oriented and self-motivated with the ability to improve the effectiveness, performance and efficiency of the IT team.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by anyone seeking IT services. Excellent written skills and experience with documentation of issues and resolutions.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut, US
Posted Date: 8/12/2019
Click Here to Apply
HEI Hotels and Resorts