Ensure that product blended and packaged meets customer specifications.
Referencing production schedule as source document, obtain the proper product specification from the network.
Understand all of the information contained within a product specification sheet.
Be knowledgeable of the quality characteristics for the product packaged:
Standard flavor reference
Changeover procedures are followed per written programs for cleaning and allergen control
Packaging inspection setup, seal and container integrity, lot coding and appearance
Accurately document quality characteristics on the QC Hourly Checklist.
Understand, perform, and monitor the following programs applicable to each product:
Sample collection - quantity and frequency vary by customer.
Allergen especially during changeovers/sugar washes
Hold and Release
Understand the importance of immediately notifying the production department when a characteristic is out of specification.
It is the responsibility of the production department to produce products that meet the customers specification.
It is the responsibility of the quality control department to verify that the customers specifications are met.
Therefore, both the quality control and production departments must work together to fulfill their responsibility to the company.
When product does not meet specification, the goal of both departments must be to correct the deviation as soon as possible.
Follow hold and release procedure. Place product on hold as needed.
Conduct laboratory-testing procedures such as brix, density, flowability, sensory and weights as required.
Actively participate in bi-weekly meetings
Attend departmental or Company training.
Quality Audits. Requirements:
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Lifting up to 25 Lb.
- Walking and standing 95% of the time
- Overtime based upon seasonal needs
COMPUTER / EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of MS Office--Excel, Word, Outlook
- Use of scales, titrators, viscosimeter, pH meter, refractometer, and salt analyzer
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Ability to work with teams
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify non-value added tasks working toward a lean manufacturing environment
- H.S. Diploma. Some college with emphasis in food science/biology a plus.
- At least one year of previous food industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of organic processes a plus.
Location: St Charles, Illinois, US
Posted Date: 6/7/2019
Click Here to Apply
COMPACT INDUSTRIES, INC.