Responsible for the effective dispatching of local route drivers; managing, monitoring and overseeing communication of routes in progress as well as providing back-up overnight national routing support, the NJ based AM Dispatch / Router position is crucial to the efficacy of the entire D'Artagnan transportation department.
The ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator via phone and e-mail, be able to remain calm and composed, especially in emergency situations, and possess a solid understanding of truck routing and all that bears upon truck delivery performance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively route 2nd runs on a daily basis in Omnitracs Roadnet Truck Routing system as well as 30 plus routes once a week and on router's scheduled time off.
- Maintain time window percentage and efficiency expectations when routing while minimalizing disruption to more established driver routes.
- Prepare paperwork for 20 plus drivers, printing invoices, returns and COD's thru a web-based ERP system.
- Ensure any special requests are clearly communicated as well as followed up on.
- Effectively dispatch drivers with all necessary paperwork, keys, phones and uniforms.
- Send out morning route reports.
- Monitor routes in progress, pro-actively addressing potential issues as well as provide stellar communication to internal and external customers as necessary.
- Receive all emergency and non-emergency calls, recording and communicating significant information when applicable.
- If driving experience, provide occasional pick-up and delivery assistance.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience as dispatcher, router or relevant position
- Strong competency in outlook e-mails and calendars
- High school diploma
- Class B or driving experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of an ERP system and/or Omnitracs Roadnet System
- Warehouse/Logistics experience in the perishable food sector
- College education
- Active listener with excellent communication skills
- Sound judgement and critical thinking
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Adaptability, flexibility, willing and able to change course of action as necessary
- Ability to work in and build a collaborative team environment
D'Artagnan, headquartered in Union, NJ, was founded in 1985 and is now the leading brand specialized in foie gras, meat, poultry, game, pâtés, sausages, smoked delicacies, truffles, and mushrooms. D'Artagnan is dedicated to natural, sustainable, and humane production. Over the years D'Artagnan has built relationships and partnerships with farmers and ranchers who share the same philosophy and believe in free-range, preservative-free and organic products.
With revenue exceeding $100M and headcount of over 250, we are a hugely successful and well-recognized enterprise. D'Artagnan is organized around three distinct business lines: Food Services (Hotels, restaurants, etc.), Retail, and Online; each having a specific business model. D'Artagnan sells throughout the United States and buys products all over the world. D'Artagnan has established an outstanding reputation over the years, built on a simple yet key principle: to provide its clients with the highest quality. For decades D'Artagnan has been acclaimed by the industry and chefs and is recognized as a world-class company.
Total Compensation Package
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Life and disability insurance
D'Artagnan provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, D'Artagnan complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.D'Artagnan expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of D'Artagnan's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Location: Union, New Jersey, US
Posted Date: 5/11/2019
Click Here to Apply