The position of Field Service Technician is primarily responsible for dispatching and implementing or repairing voice and data services at customer premises and central office facilities. This position is also responsible for directly interfacing with the customer to provision new services, execute repairs on network infrastructure, testing overall service performance and functionality to suit specific needs by performing the following duties.
- Communicates with dispatch, NOC and / or provisioning to ensure successful service delivery or repairs.
- Delivery, retrieval and configuration of customer premise equipment.
- Interaction and communication with customers to gather requirements and validate services.
- Conducts site surveys for service implementation.
- Rotates a weekly on-call shift with other technicians.
Bachelor's degree preferred in technology or engineering, or relevant technical certificates to support the role and responsibilities of your position profile. Relevant and significant industry experience may provide as a substitute for the education requirement.
Minimum of 4 years experience in telecommunications or data communications service delivery and troubleshooting. We encourage college graduates with related degrees to apply. This may provide as a substitute for years of experience.
Capacity to apprise supervisors on impacting issues and seek direction toward a resolution.
Location: Kingston, New York, US
Posted Date: 5/11/2019
Click Here to Apply