Henrietta, NY, United States
Category Assisted Living
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Shift Varied Shifts
Department Senior Living
Corporation Name DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) NY
Woodcrest Senior Living Community
1. Respects and maintains the confidentiality and rights of residents. Demonstrates a positive
and caring attitude toward all residents, staff and guests.
2. Develop a program designed to promote active involvement of all residents taking into
consideration individual preferences and choices. The program is to provide social, physical,
intellectual, and recreational activities in a planned, coordinated, and structured manner,
using the Activities Coordinator's Guide.
3. Plan, prepare and implement a monthly activities calendar to be posted in a prominent spot
no later than the first day of each month. The first week of every month needs to be
days prior to the start of the new month.
4. Review, upon move-in, personal information about each resident's interests and capabilities.
Include this information and other data obtained from the resident / family members, on an
individualized index card system or the equivalent. This information should be used when
developing activities and be updated as needed.
5. Schedule a minimum of fourteen (14) hours of planned activities a week.
6. Schedule outings so that each resident has the opportunity to participate in at least one
outing every other month.
7. Plan and implement one-on-one activities with residents.
8. Enable residents to enjoy solitary activities.
9. Notify residents of activities and assist and encourage them to attend.
10. Decorate the facility for holidays and make sure decorations are removed within five (5)
days following a holiday.
11. Order supplies for activities according to budget. Ensure that all expenditures are accounted
for from the activity expenses and that all receipts are properly recorded and submitted.
12. Plan facility programs, parties, potluck and other celebrations with approval of the
13. If desired, develop a volunteer program from within the community. Train and coordinate all
14. Attend staff in-service meetings.
15. Assist with new staff orientation r/t/the role of activities.
16. Possess a working knowledge of Resident's Rights.
17. Evaluate the overall effectiveness of the Activity Program, including input from the residents
at least every six (6) months and document finding. Review results with the Administrator
and make changes as appropriate.
18. Ensure that MSDS are available for all substances used in the Activity Department. Keep
such materials secure when not in use and supervised.
1. Warm, friendly, high-energy "bubbly" personality.
2. Genuine enjoyment of working with crafts, activities and the geriatric / adult special needs
3. Ability to gently but firmly encourage / coax residents to participate and enjoy success
oriented activities to feel good about themselves and increase their self-esteem.
- Ability to communicate with residents and staff in English.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to visually observe residents, to hear emergency systems and verbal needs expressed by residents.
- Ability to turn, stoop, bend and stretch in order to assist residents.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
- Ability to use equipment competently.
- Ability to respond to emergencies, i.e. resident choking, evacuation of residents and visitors in the event of fire.
1. High School diploma or GED,
2. Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
3. Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in Long Term Care or working with
geriatric and adult special care need population in a therapeutic professional relationship
4. Must have the required references and criminal record check.
5. Must have a valid New York State Driver's license and a clean driving record that meets
Agency's Clean Driving Record Policy.
Well-lighted, air-conditioned / heated environment; may be exposed to residents with communicable disease or confused residents who become combative. May be required to work outdoors on occasion when required by resident cookouts.
Location: Henrietta, New York, US
Posted Date: 5/10/2019
Click Here to Apply