Norwalk, CT, United States
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for the management and supervision of all building related systems and the building envelop to ensure the safety of hotel guests, associates and vendors. Ensure compliance with company Engineering Assumptions/Culture, preventative maintenance programs and procedures, SOP's as well as all Building/Fire/Health Department codes. Maintain building complex as energy efficiently as possible.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Implement and schedule property and equipment preventive maintenance programs in compliance with corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes and regulations.
- Prioritize service requests; schedule and monitor the service performed to ensure customer satisfaction, safety and convenience.
- Test and examine the life safety systems to ensure they are 100% operational at all times.
- Monitor utility consumption to determine the effectiveness of current systems.
- Review purchase requests and monitor expenses budget to ensure goals are met/exceeded.
- Assist in the administration of the department by preparing and maintaining schedules, logs, records and other documentation to ensure a smooth operation and minimize liabilities.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- College degree or college courses considered helpful, engineering related preferred.
- Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or experience in building related trades required in 1 or more of the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry.
- 1 year of hands-on experience at a comparable location/industry.
- Skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut, US
Posted Date: 3/12/2019
Click Here to Apply
Merritt Hospitality, LLC